Uninstalling through the Windows Installer Interface #
- Run the installer used to install Admin Portal (openit_[version]_adminportal_windows_x64.msi).
In the setup wizard, click Next.
- Click Remove to remove Admin Portal from the computer
- Click Remove to uninstall the software.
- In the confirmation message, click Continue
- Click Finish to complete the uninstallation process.
Uninstalling through the Command Line #
- Open a command prompt with Administrator level privilege
- Execute the following command:
msiexec /x [msi_file] /l*v [log_file] [options]
The Windows installer file (with full path) used to install the Open iT Admin Portal (openit_[version]_adminportal_windows_x64.msi).
The log file (with full path) that contains the detailed uninstallation messages.
Run the command in silent mode.
Run the command in unattended mode – progress bar only.
Note: The installer will use the Windows Installer Interface process when the uninstallation option is not specified.
- When using the passive mode, wait until the process bar dialog disappears. When using the quiet mode, verify if the uninstallation is complete by opening the Task Manager and checking in the Details tab if the msiexec process is still running.
Uninstalling through the Control Panel #
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of programs, select Open iT Admin Portal and click Uninstall.
- The installer will remove all related files on the computer.
Click OK to complete the uninstallation process.