Software Installation #
Installing through the Windows Installer Interface #
Before installing, make sure there is no other installation in progress.
- Double-click the openit_
_clims_client_x64.msifile to start the installation.
A setup wizard will be displayed. Click Next.
- Read the License Agreement carefully before accepting the terms. Click Next to continue.
- Use the default drive or specify the desired directory. Click Change and specify new directories; otherwise, click Next.
- Specify the CLIMS Server URL that the client will connect to. Click Next to continue.
- Click Install to start the installation process. If a review of the entries is needed, click Back.
- The installer will set up all necessary files on the computer. Click Finish after complete installation
Software Installation Verification #
Verify Created Directories and Files #
Go to the $ROOT_DIR of the installation located, by default, in C:¥Program Files¥OpeniT¥Zero and verify that the following directories and files exist:
- Configuration – contains JSON files used for configuration
- Log – contains log files for troubleshooting purposes
- Temp – contains folders to store temporary files
- Tools – contains binaries used by specific license manager
- Other DLL files
Important: The installation locations specified are the default installation directories and may change depending on whether a custom directory was selected.
Verify Running Services #
The OpeniTCLIMSClient service should be running upon installation. To check, open the Task Manager and locate the said service in the Services tab.
Two new processes, OpeniT.Zero.Decisionmakerand OpeniT.Zero.Signal, should also be running.