Open iT Software Suite of IT asset management tools offers solutions for metering, analyzing, and optimizing the usage of applications, servers, storage, databases, and services across an entire organization, from a total enterprise view down to each individual user. It is built on a client/server infrastructure and includes advance reporting tool mechanisms.The main tools of the Open iT Software Suite are:
- LicenseAnalyzer2020 is the primary tool for software usage metering, analysis, and optimization. It is offered in three (3) levels of functionality
- ComputeAnalyzer is a tool for monitoring a wide variety of system resources with extension for metering distributed grid computing environments.
- StorageAnalyzer provides full visibility of storage resources (files, file systems, disks and backups, etc.), thus enabling optimal data storage management.
- Optimizer for SAP Licensing is a powerful and complete solution to effectively control an organization’s SAP license usage and efficiently manage SAP licensing costs.
- LicensePredictor is a forecasting and anomaly detection tool that analyzes current and historical usage data to predict future trends in license usage and detect possible anomalies in the data.
- Centralized License Integration and Management System (CLIMS) is an advanced system that provides administrators a centralized portal for the administration and management of license files and license servers.
Collected data is periodically sent to the Open iT Core Server, where it is processed and stored. Two types of reporting tools, the Open iT Core Reporter and the Open iT Analysis Server, may then pick up these stored data to generate customizable reports on a web browser. Data may also be exported to or integrated into MS Excel and other popular BI tools.
Point Solutions and Software Applications Being Metered
The abundance of new enterprise-type applications and infrastructure resources is resulting in more IT complexity and greater financial risks. Open iT offers a growing list of point solutions for software vendors, in addition to its general support for a wide variety of software applications that it meters (see non-exhaustive list here).
- Analyzer for ANSYS Software helps ANSYS users manage their resources investment and ensures maximum utilization and ROI of these valuable assets.
- Analyzer for Autodesk Licensing helps cut software license costs and reduce wastage on license usage by monitoring activity levels of Autodesk applications.
- Analyzer for MathWorks helps in maximizing the usage of MathWorks software licenses, resulting in value optimization and improved user productivity.
Flexible and Customizable Reporting
Open iT Core Reporter is a reporting tool with proprietary database that can generate both historical and real-time reports. It is a push-based software asset management tool for automatic delivery of on-demand and predefined periodic reports, which may be generated daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.
Open iT Analysis Server is an enterprise-grade, SQL-based analytical tool, which is aimed at high-end users and organizations with complex reporting and analytical needs to better view and manage their business process. It uses a standard industry protocol, which can export report data to user interfaces other than Open iT. It also includes a web interface called Reporting Services that enables users to create customizable report templates, as well as a real-time view, an alert system of license usage, a powerful profile and excel-based dashboards. By integrating global usage metrics with financial, repository, human resources and other data sources, the Analysis Server provides a streamlined workflow for business process management, optimization and reporting across the entire organization.
Based on extensive customer feedback and over two decades of experience, each module comes with a standard set of reports. The templates are customizable and new reports based on specific needs may be easily built completely. Reports may be run on a scheduled basis or created on demand. Scheduled reports are added to a queue generated automatically at configurable intervals and run periodically such as daily or monthly. Users may determine which reports are available and how often, covering which data sets and ranges.
Direct Excel Integration
All reports can be exported to MS Excel by simply clicking the “Generate Excel Report” button on any report. It is powerful and easy to use. Work with templates, create instant ad-hoc reports, or set up automatic report distribution with powerful access control mechanisms. Reports can also be e-mailed or integrated in an intranet portal and automatically updated. Security can be set up to follow mandated data privacy and protection laws or respective company policies with advanced access control and automatic masking of sensitive data.
Windows - Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
Unix - RHEL (Redhat Enterprise Linux) Version 5, 6 and 7 (or equivalent such as CentOS Version 5, 6, 7), OpenSuse 11, 12.3 and 13.1, Solaris Sparc (64-bit) and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP4 and 12 SP4 platforms
Client ONLY support for Solaris 8+ and AIX 5.3+
For more information on Supported OS and Open iT versions, please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.