CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Ansys Inc. Helps Customers Manage Software License Costs Based on Actual Usage
- ANSYS, Inc. needed a complete solution to meet the licensing needs of their customers
- Without compromising internal business requirements, Open iT designed an Elastic Licensing solution through the use of highly accurate and detailed usage data.
- Collaborating with Open iT helped ANSYS, Inc. gain competitive advantage as they are now able to provide their customers with flexible licensing models.
The steady migration to cloud computing and virtualization has increased demand for more flexible licensing models such as pay-per-use and subscription. Software vendors of all sizes are working to accommodate how customers receive, use, secure and monitor their software licensing while balancing their own software monetization needs and compliance objectives.
Ansys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANSS) is the global leader in engineering simulation. Their technology enables organizations in all industries to predict with confidence that their products will thrive in the real world, helping them to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. One of the company’s goals is to meet the increasing customer requests for more flexible licensing options to manage peak demands. Ansys developed five strategic business goals to address customer needs including:
- asset optimization to support the evolution of product use at each phase
- portfolio flexibility through the design cycle
- cost allocation to enable charge backs to different business units
- entry access to try new products
- peak capacity to ensure licenses are available when needed
To meet these goals, Ansys needed a secure, comprehensive solution that would enable the company to offer pay-per-use licensing, without having to make changes to applications or the current licensing system. Their approach also needed to consider how customers currently buy and pay for licensing, to maintain security of customer data, and to provide sufficient and accurate information for billing purposes.
Cost Allocation and IT Chargeback
The most efficient way to create more accountability and awareness of how IT resources are used is to implement a chargeback system.
Software Usage Monitoring and Optimization
Learn how usage monitoring in an E&P IT environment can be beneficial for many stakeholders.
Rising Use of Subscription and Pay-per-Use Software Licensing Models
Have a meaningful software usage metrics and tools to evaluate and plan appropriately prior to making new licensing decisions.
Take a Guided Tour
Get answers with a one-on-one walk-through.
Schedule a live demo today. We’ll show you how your business can benefit from Open iT solutions.
Software license reports offer valuable insights into how individual users, in particular, and the whole organization, in general, utilize some of the company’s most expensive assets: software licenses. Generating the right license reports is a very crucial step in the software license management (SLM) and optimization process. Without accurate and appropriate reports, it would be
In this article, we share tips on how you can take control of your true up software agreements.