The projected increased investments in Software License Management (SLM) solutions in 2024 reflect a growing awareness among organizations of the importance of efficiently managing their software assets. But as enterprises ramp up their SLM spending, a substantial number of organizations realize they don’t have the resources to effectively implement and manage these solutions. Managed IT
CPh Builds Software Optimization Success with Reliable Usage Data
- Chiyoda Philippines Corporation (CPh) needed accurate usage reports to maximize their IT budget as well as obtain an effective licensing position.
- Despite the number of available software metering solutions online, CPh chose Open iT for its advanced metering and reporting solutions.
- After installing Open iT, the company was able to right-size the number of licenses based on their internal requirements.
- The availability of reliable data created opportunities for license optimization and CPh was able to reap significant savings.
Chiyoda Philippines Corporation (CPh), is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chiyoda Corporation in Yokohama, Japan, one of the largest engineering and construction companies in the world. CPh is primarily engaged in engineering design serving the requirements of Chiyoda Corporation, which is presently undertaking engineering, procurement, construction and other related facilities development work for their customers in gas processing, petroleum refining, and other petrochemical products. With a wealth of experience in its area of expertise, CPh has become a competitive engineering service contractor responsible for the development of refineries and other related projects in the country.
The company gathered and integrated user license information across multiple departments for its annual IT Budget Plan. It had always been a challenge collecting such data because the majority of license cost was only based on the request of users and managers. Also, the huge manual effort involved in obtaining an accurate licensing position was error-prone and tedious. With an increasing number of licenses to manage, it had become a big challenge to reduce cost and eliminate idle applications wherever possible.
CPh realized that there was a growing need to produce reliable and accurate software usage reports with the use of a tool that would help the company:
- automate the process of obtaining an accurate licensing position;
- carefully analyze the usage of its software assets;
- purchase licenses based on actual need as evidenced by active software usage;
- find where to cut cost without compromising business productivity;
- track the software installed and used on individual workstations; and
- mitigate the risks associated with audits conducted by software vendors.
Cost Allocation and IT Chargeback
The most efficient way to create more accountability and awareness of how IT resources are used is to implement a chargeback system.
Software Usage Monitoring and Optimization
Learn how usage monitoring in an E&P IT environment can be beneficial for many stakeholders.
Rising Use of Subscription and Pay-per-Use Software Licensing Models
Have a meaningful software usage metrics and tools to evaluate and plan appropriately prior to making new licensing decisions.
Take a Guided Tour
Get answers with a one-on-one walk-through.
Schedule a live demo today. We’ll show you how your business can benefit from Open iT solutions.
Forrester has named Open iT among notable vendors in Software Asset Management (SAM), according to its recent report, The Software Asset Management Solutions Landscape, Q3 2023. We believe this recognition stands as a significant milestone for Open iT and underscores the growing importance of SAM solutions in today’s organizational landscape. The increasing adoption of SAM
Most of our customers are in industries that make extensive use of engineering and specialty software, where the management of software licenses and entitlements cannot be left to chance and need to be closely monitored. As a result, most of their software asset management (SAM) policies, processes, and support are well managed and mature. This